Wednesday 25 September 2013

Alwine Hedwig Kortum

This is a blog post of an irregular kind.  I want to know if anyone out there has any information about an ancestor of mine called Alwine Hedwig Kortum.  

She was born in Saxony, Germany, in 1831, and died in Serbia in 1898.  She was married to Eduard Justus Thode and gave birth to, in total, eight children, one of which was my great-grandfather, Felix.  Alwine was one of five children.  She went to live in Serbia around 1877, and it is understood she died there in a place called Semlin.  Whilst in Serbia, we believe she lived at least initially with her sister and military officer brother-in-law.  She may have lived later with strangers.

Last year, like this year, I travelled to Europe, pursuing family history research, and wrote a blog.  Last year, by good fortune, a distant relative in Finland with a significant body of family history information, who was previously unknown to me, found my blog and contacted me.  It would be great to have similar good luck this year.  So, if someone out there, anywhere in the world, has information about my ancestor (whether names, dates, addresses, photographs, documents, her final resting place, or whatever), especially information that relates to her time in Serbia, please leave a comment on my blog, and give me your contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment