Tuesday 15 October 2013

That's all, folks!

We have now been back in Australia for nine days, and are reasonably settled in our old lives.  Europe is well and truly behind us.  But the weather here in Canberra reminds me of our final days in Europe; it's been just as cool here lately as it was in Brussels a couple of weeks ago.

As at today, 15 October 2013, the blog has been viewed 6,801 times.  Australians have viewed it the most, at 1,626 times over the last few months.  Strangely, the next country to view the blog the most has been the US, with 963 views (I say strange because I have only a couple of Facebook friends there and no family).  The UK is close behind with 913 all time views.  Next comes Finland at 849, and Germany at 711.  And my blog sparked some interest in Russia; it was viewed there 299 times.

It's great to travel, but then there's also the old adage 'there's no place like home'.  Appropriately, near the end of our long journey, at our hotel in The Hague, the following was written on the wall above the dining room: 'Love to travel but don't make the road your home'.

If you've been a regular reader of my blog, then thanks for following it.  I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed putting it together.  And if per chance you really like my work, then look out during 2014 for 'To Vegas with Love'.  Meantime....that's all, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment